Friday, January 11, 2013

Good things in 2013!!


                                           


    

As 2012 was coming to an end, I saw many posts on Facebook for a great way to find the positive in 2013.  It's basically taking a jar, and starting Jan 1, writing down good things that happen to you, and putting them into the jar.  Then, on New Year's Eve 2013, read through the contents of the jar in order to help you remember all of the good things, big and small, that happened throughout the year.

I decided to take on this challenge, as I always seem to be needing help looking at the positives in my daily life.  I found a jar in our cabinet o' glass jars -- I think it was an old spaghetti sauce jar -- and I used fabrics of different colors and decoupaged the outside of it.  It is very colorful and sparkly, and once dry I set it on the desk in the entry of our house.  This way, I see it every day, and that helps me to remember to write things down and put them in the jar. 


(None of these are my jar, since I don't have a smart phone to post my pictures online, but you'll have to trust me that it's pretty cool.)

Some folks are trying to write down one thing a day; me, I'm just writing down the good things as I encounter them so that I'm not pressuring myself.  But Joe even asked me if he could add things to the jar as well!  So, now that the year has begun, we have a few pieces of paper in the jar, and I have several things in my head that I still need to write down. 

What a great way to focus on the joyous, positive events throughout the year!

2 comments:

  1. I too am doing this, thanks to you. And yes, I am one of those "daily good thing" people. It is sometimes hard to do, but it also makes you realize that no matter how bad a day you have, there is ALWAYS something good that happened (sure it might be something bizarre like having a stranger hold open a door for you, but still...) I notice that I now go to bed smiling and focusing on the good thing(s) that happened during my day rather than having my own "pity party". What you think about, you bring about. So use those thoughts for good rather than evil and good things will come your way.

    ReplyDelete